The courses in Humanities and Social Sciences have as objective to develop the skills essential to the profession of engineer.
The courses in Humanities and Social Sciences are cross-disciplinary, therefore taught in all sectors of Polytech Clermont-Ferrand, with the aim of making student engineers able to :
Ask and analyze complex problems ;
- Look for solutions alone or in groups ;
- Implement decisions, lead collectives, pilot ;
- To know oneself, to develop one’s own skills, to manage one’s own career, to undertake.
They are centered around 4 teaching poles :
- English and second languages (German, Spanish, Italian)
- Expression, Cultures and Communication
- Management, psychology, organization and HRM
- International macro-economics, management, marketing, finance, law...
In each of these areas, importance is given to culture, general, corporate and international.