Organisation of the 3 years
The Biological Engineering diploma consists in a 3-year course :
- During the first year, you find the fundamental basis in terms of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, bioprocess engineering and the core curriculum (teachings common to all the scholl’s specialities).
- The second year consists in strengthening the future engineer’ specific skills (genetics – bioelectronics – immunology) and entreprise sciences (human and social sciences, realisation of the BE project with an industrial partner).
- The third year allows a more specialised orientation according to the option chosen, an opening on the job market and various themes of the industrial or research world (possibility of combining two Masters of Blaise Pascal Univerisity or with Science studies abroad).
During this last year, 5 options are possible, among which 3 are specific to the Biological Engineering department and 2 others are interdisciplinary, sharing elements related to all the departments :
- Bioprocess for Food Industry
- Bioprocess for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Bioprocess for Environment Industry
- Energy (interdisciplinary option)
- Logistics (interdisciplinary option).